Changes in Jupyter console¶
A summary of changes in Jupyter console releases.
- When using a kernel that the console did not start, exiting with Ctrl-D now leaves it running. PR #127
- Added Ctrl-\ shortcut to quit the console. PR #130
- Input prompt numbers are now updated when another frontend has executed code in the same kernel. PR #119
- Fix setting next input with newer versions of prompt_toolkit. PR #123
- Ensure history entries are unicode, not bytes, on Python 2. PR #122
ZMQTerminalInteractiveShell.true_colorconfig option to use 24-bit colour.
ZMQTerminalInteractiveShell.confirm_exitconfig option to turn off asking ‘are you sure’ on exit.
--simple-promptflag to explicitly use the fallback mode without prompt_toolkit.
- Fixed executing an empty input.
- Fixed formatting for code and outputs from other frontends executing code.
- Avoid using functions which will be removed in IPython 6.
Interactive Shell architecture¶
Image Handling improvement¶
- fix for readline history
- don’t confuse sys.path with virtualenvs
- readline/completion fixes
- use is_complete messages to determine if input is complete (important for non-Python kernels)
- fix: 4.0 was looking for jupyter_console_config in IPython config directories, not Jupyter